older posts

Show more

DDD July "2017" Midsummers Night Dream

This month our hostesses were Paola for the Dazzlers and Heather for the Divas. They chose a Midsummers Night Dream as their theme for this month. Heather sent us a fun, fun, fun kit to work with. I've been bad however, as one of the challenges was to put a maple leaf on our card somewhere to celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday. So I would like to wish Canada and all of her citizens a hearty Happy Birthday.

Our bountiful kit included an image from CC Designs--Cutie Butterfily
Papers Kaiser Craft Botanica Collection Roots and Stem --Kaiser Craft Mademoiselle Colletion "Flutter" amd Jen Hadfield Simple Life "Blue Meadow" Heather also sent a wonderful collection of various embellishments and ribbons.

Right away when the kit arrived I colored up my images and started working on a card. I loved this kit and had so much fun. I had made two cards however, I will  only be posting one today.

Here is the card I made with this fun kit:

I used some glitter on my little fairy and also cut out a happy birthday with one of my dies. If you look close you will see the pretty little vellum butterfly in the faries hand.

Heather and Paola asked us to look up some of the saying coined by Shakespear and reveal the one we used most mine is
  • Wild-goose chase from (Romeo and Juliet)

There were several very familiar sayings that I use as well but I use this one quite a bit.

I hope you liked my card. Thanks so much for stopping by. Please take some time and stop by the other duelers, I am certain you will not be disappointed with all the creativity this group has..

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Carol, what a cute CUTE card... just darling!
terry serman said…
Very sweetly colored...love the glittter!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Fun and sweet! I really love the vellum butterflies you added in the fairies hands. Love the layout you used too!
HeatherB said…
Lovely card, Carol! Sorry for stumping you with that maple leave. :)
Darlene LeTavec said…
Beautiful! Love that butterfly, so sweet.
:: BlueInks :: said…
The glitter wings make the card! So cute and a great layout. Fun!!!