older posts

Show more

Challenge your stash Jan 2017

Hi all, Barb opened a new group called Challenge your stash where the hostess comes up with a challenge for the month and we are supposed to use what we have and not go out and buy anything to make the challenge. This month Barb challenged us with a color challenge The 3 colors were blach white and silver. Black and white is usually my go to color combo and I thought great color challenge. (which it is), however I had a more difficult time coming up with an idea. I probably put way to much thought into it and made it harder than it should've been. I did use everything from my stash. I used basic black, silver mirror paper, an old SU set, embossing powder and the white shimmer paint. I also, pulled a half used pack of rhinestones and a silver discontinued ribbon from SU. Here is my card.



The silver mirror paper is behind the flower die cut out. and the rhinestones are in the middle of the embossed flowers painted with the white shimmer paint. My card didn't photograph well but I do like how it turned out in real life.

Thank you for stopping by, please stop by the other gals in the group and see their amazing creations. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Oh my goodness... how creative to put silver behind the cutout. Love this card, Carol!
terry serman said…
This is very pretty! The flowers really stand out with the white/ silver.
MiamiKel said…
Wow Carol! Wonderful take on the challenge - and such a creative idea to do the peekaboo through the die cut <3 your card just shines! Hugs!!
Barb said…
This card is so pretty--I love the silver behind your die cut! What a great idea. I had hoped this challenge would be easier for you!

I am so glad you are a member of the Challenge Your Stash group and I do hope you enjoy it too!